Monday, May 14, 2012

Rescued a Book

I ran across the lines below in a book that was borrowed to us a few years back. I finally got around to rescuing the book out of the old house (This is the house that was on our property when we bought it. We lived in it without running water for close to five years.).

"If we are not aware of the effects of time pressures on the family, we run the risk of living lives of continual acceleration, non-stop doing, and passing that on to our children."--Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn

I'm aware of "time pressures on the family." And the pressures don't go away, especially this time of year. And, of course, coaching Little League baseball increases it.

I usually catch myself thinking there has to be more indicators that things are going to slow down from the culture at large for the time pressures to atleast fade a bit. No amount of attention or awareness will stop it. We'll see. Right now, I'm out of time. The family is waking up.

No comments: