Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Entertaining Ideas

I just want to say that I stand with anyone working toward recalling Governor Scott Walker. Right now, I'm entertaining this idea. And, as some of us know the mind loves to entertain ideas. Anyway, I'm a wage slave that is trying to survive in Western Civilization. In other words, I'm an exploitable resource. And if the exploiters could find a way to pay me less for my work, or ship my job off to another place where people are willing to work for less, they'd do it in a heartbeat.

I think Lewis Mumford was onto something when he said this about Karl Marx: "He realized that the French revolution had divided society artificially into two spheres, the political, in which man functioned as a tolerant, liberal, egalitarian citizen, and the economic, in which he was either a grasping capitalist or an exploited worker." [Pg. 203, Interpretations and Forecasts.]

I'm an exploited worker that is becoming more and more intolerant of grasping capitalists therefore as a "tolerant, liberal, egalitarian citizen" I'm going to fight the grasping capitalists.

I love to entertain ideas

No comments: