Thursday, August 29, 2013

My Mini Ms. Pac-Man Marathon

Had a good evening yesterday. We went out with family to have pizza at a local spot. I ended up sticking close to two dollars in Ms.Pac-Man. I was taken by it. It brought back all kinds of memories from my days growing up in Beaver Dam (For those of you who aren't familiar this is a small town in southern Wisconsin). There were my friends with me once again giving me advice over my shoulder as I was trying to escape Inky, Blinky, Pinky and Clyde. You see, I was always terrible at video games. I didn't have much interest in them. My friends knew this and they tried to help me out as much as they could and at the same time gave me a lot of shit while doing so. Anyway, I'm still terrible at it. I may have broke 20,000 points once. What interested me though was that towards the end of my mini Ms. Pac Man marathon is that my 14 year old son looked over my shoulder and said: "You know, Dad, Ms.Pac-Man was Dionysus's favorite video game." That makes a dad smile. I know he's learned something in this unschooling adventure we're on.

No comments: