Thursday, October 24, 2013

To Women As Far As I'm Concerned

Another poem that James Hillman read in the Men and The Life of Desire. This one by D.H Lawrence. It resonates on some level. That's why I'm posting it.

The feelings I don't have I don't have.
The feeling I don't have, I won't say I have.
The feelings you say you have, you don't have.
The feelings you would like us both to have, we neither of us have.
The feelings people ought to have, they never have.
If people say they've got feelings, you may be pretty sure they haven't got them.
So if you want either of us to feel anything at all
You'd better abandon all ideas of feelings altogether.--D.H Lawrence



2 comments:

airth10 said...

I think D.H. Lawrence had a problem with feelings. Most of the time, I sense, was because he felt people around him did't share or understand his feelings.

Curt said...

I don't know much about Lawrence. What I know is only through what I've heard Thomas Moore and Robert Bly mention.