Monday, March 11, 2013

And A Quote Presents Itself

Well, I was searching for a quote in one of the first on-line interviews that I ever read back in the late nineties. I didn't find the quote, of course. I usually never do. What usually does happen, though, is that I find a better one:

"But I think everyone knows secretly that if we’re going to save the world, it will have to be by a new religious awakening that technology isn’t going to be able to address. Governments aren’t going to do it, laws aren’t going to do it for us, police aren’t going to do it for us. It has to be an awakening among people of a religious kind. This is so serious here, we’re talking about the extinction of the human race; that’s what’s at issue. If the extinction of the human race isn’t a religious issue, what is?"--Daniel Quinn

Speaking of religion, I have a philosophical insight, I think. Those who have too much love for heaven end up hating the world around them to some degree. Of course, the opposite is true as well. If you fall in love with the world around you too much you end up hating anyone that speaks of religion or Christianity or manners or morals, etc. In other words you could be a fundamentalist-leftist-marxist.

No comments: