Wednesday, February 15, 2012

In Partial agreement

John Lennon once said this:

"I think our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for manical ends. I think they're all insane. But I am liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what is insane about it."


I partially agree, John. But back around the time you said this there was a U.S Senator from Wisconsin that wasn't totally off his rocker. This is what he had to say to the 91st Congress of the United States on January 19th, 1970:

"There is a great need, and growing support, for the introduction of new values in our society--where bigger is not necessarily better--where slower can be faster--and where less can be more. This attitude must be at the heart of the nationwide effort--and agenda for the 1970's--whereby this country puts gross national quality above gross national product."--Gaylord Nelson

No comments: