Thursday, November 24, 2005

Tales of Adam

11/23/05 Today, is Thanksgiving Day. There are only four days left of the Wisconsin deer hunting season. I just finished up Tales of Adam by Daniel Quinn. This is another masterpiece by DQ. I really like the fact that I got the chance to read ToA during deer hunting season.

I wrote a review of it for Amazon.com. I don't know if I'm going to post it yet. Here it is:

More Important than the Bible

After reading the final pages of Tales of Adam, one word comes to mind, and that is: wisdom. This book may be small, but it is packed full of important teachings. Teachings I wish would’ve come across a lot earlier in life, teachings that make sense, teachings that have stood the test of time, teachings that need to be learned by the members of the most destructive and suicidal culture ever to exist, teachings that are there for all of life to follow, not just man. Teachings that make me feel like I have purpose, teachings that make me feel like I belong.

This book, I feel, is as important as the rest of Daniel Quinn’s work. I feel fortunate to have read Tales of Adam. It has made me a better person.

2 comments:

Grey Owl said...

Hey Curt,

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'll be writing another post on Ishmael and environmentalism in the next couple weeks, so you're more than welcome to come back and join the discussion then. I'm trying to save most of what I have to say for that post, so please forgive me if I don't respond to your comments on the older posts!

So, new blog, eh? Good luck with attracting readers; if you need/want any suggestions let me know and I'll give you the pointers that others gave me. You know where to find me.

Grey Owl

Curt said...

Grey Owl,

Thank you for stopping by.

You wrote:"Thanks for the comment on my blog."

Your welcome. I really enjoyed reading your post about enviromentalism and Ishmael.

You wrote:"I'll be writing another post on Ishmael and environmentalism in the next couple weeks, so you're more than welcome to come back and join the discussion then."

I can't wait, and I'll be checking in periodically.

You wrote:"So, new blog, eh? Good luck with attracting readers; if you need/want any suggestions let me know and I'll give you the pointers that others gave me. You know where to find me."

Thank you for this.

Take care,

Curt