Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Snow is Falling!

It's about 8:30 PM here in Northern Wisconsin. I just stepped outside and noticed the ground was white with snow. That'd be the first snowfall for this winter season, and many more to go!

I've spent the last two hours on-line reading articles on subjects ranging anywhere from cancer, peak oil, to learning how to bond with the land. The three articles I read by Micheal Ventura are a good read. They mostly discuss what we are going to be facing in the future as far as Peak Oil is concerned.

The article about cancer was titled: Why We Can't Prevent Cancer in Rachel's Democracy and Health News. It was sobering, to say the least. Defintely, check it out if you care about your body.

The article by Jeanette Armstrong titled: I Stand With You Against the Disorder was about learning how to face crisis as a community. It was wise, and therefore a breath of fresh air for me. It was posted over at IshCon. Jeanette comes from a very wise cultural upbringing. I was first introduced to her words through Derrick Jensen's "A Language Older Than Words."

I think it is time to step away from the screen to go out and enjoy the snowfall!!!

2 comments:

Cindel said...

Bonjour,

Thank-you for the great comments on my blog. :)

Curt said...

Your welcome!