Friday, July 06, 2012

Hayhurst on Hitters and Pitchers

Well, it's been a couple of days since I have posted. I'm giving up on my goal of posting once a day. With how busy my life has gotten with Little League baseball, postal work, and the responsibilites that come with being a dad I don't have much time to post. I usually post early in the morning, but like I said in a previous post I would rather leave the computer off and use that time to write long hand or read a book. I should be able to post every couple of days, though.

I spent the past couple of mornings reading Dirk Hayhurst's Out Of My League. I ran across this quote this morning. But before I post the quote here is what I just noticed Bob Costas had to say about the book: "Dirk Hayhurst writes about baseball in a unique way. Observant, insightful, human, and hilarious." I'd agree. I've really enjoyed the book so far.

"Hitters are stupid. If they weren't, they'd be pitchers. No one in their right mind would pick the side of the game that considers three out of ten good unless they're slightly unhinged."[Pg. 47, Out Of My League]

No comments: