Monday, October 16, 2006

The Art of Nothing

It’s 6:30 AM. The fire is burning well. It’s 45 degrees F. out there, 25 degrees warmer then yesterday morning at this time. I’ll be waking up Daniel in about 15 minutes to send him off to school. I’m surprised, he really likes first grade. At this point in the school year, I thought for sure we would have to dynamite him out of bed in the morning.

I’ve read a few pages out of The Story of B already. I’m reading about cultural collapse. B is talking about how up until the 1960’s the vision we hold, as a culture was strong. We were actually doing holy work by cutting down forests, daming rivers, spraying unwanted insects with DDT…etc. The vision of: The World was made for Man, and Man was made to conquer and rule it was strong.

It’s really amazing how some things work out. For the past week I’ve been thinking about an article by Thomas Elpel titled: The Art of Nothing. I haven’t read it entirely yet, but I’ve felt drawn to it lately. I really haven’t looked for it on the net during this time either, but last night it kind of fell into my lap. I checked in to The Teaching Drum’s internet talk forum and there it was, RedWolfReturns had just posted it as thread topic. Maybe this could be what you call synchronicity.

Well, it’s time to wake up Daniel.

No comments: